Create an Amazing Look with a Black Eyeliner from Country Glow
Black eyeliner can allow you to create endless different looks with your makeup – or stick with a standby favourite for a super easy morning routine. Black and other dark eyeliners can make your eyes appear larger and brighter, giving your face a more striking look and your confidence a major boost. You can find black eyeliner in your favourite brands and much more at Country Glow.
Avoid These Common Mistakes People Make With Pencil or Gel Eyeliner
If you can’t figure out why your eyeliner won’t seem to cooperate, you aren’t alone. Practice makes perfect when it comes to makeup, whether you prefer a pencil, liquid, or gel eyeliner. Here are a few common mistakes to avoid to get the polished look that you want.
- Overdoing the lower lid. Lower lid liner can look great in certain situations, but heavily lining this area, especially in darker shades, can result in not only eyes that look smaller but also under-eye streaks. Instead, stick with thin streaks of underliner in vibrant shades to set off the colour of your eyes.
- Drawing freehand flicks. If you’re trying to paint on your flicks freehand, you most likely aren’t having much luck. Don’t try to wing it without help. Applying tape to the outer corners of your eyes and then applying your liquid or gel eyeliner before removing the tape is a great way to get even, matching lines.
- Applying mascara first. No matter how eager you are to get your lashes coated in mascara, it’s a mistake to do this job first. Thick, lacquered lashes will get in the way when you’re trying to apply your eyeliner, and you also run the risk of overdoing your eyes. Apply your liner first, and you’ll be able to gauge better how much mascara you need.
Tips For Using an Eyeliner Pencil
Making your eyeliner pencil look as perfect as possible can be trickier than it sounds. Here are a few tips to help you achieve the look that you want and make your eyes pop.
- Start with dashes. If (like most people) you have trouble creating a straight line, then start with a series of dashes instead, starting from the inner corner of your eye and working your way out. Connect the dashes for a neater application.
- Set your liner. Eyeliner pencils are affordable and easy to use, but they can melt away by evening, especially in humid conditions. To prevent this, use a dark eyeshadow as a primer, sweeping it along the lash line and then adding your liner.
- Warm up a waxy pencil. If you have an eyeliner pencil that’s too cold or waxy to go on smoothly, try warming it up to make it softer. Either rub the tip on your hands until it softens up or hold the end in a flame for just a quick second. Be sure to let it cool enough before applying.
About Country Glow
At Country Glow, we love teaching our customers how to apply our products and achieve the makeup looks that they want. That’s why we offer individual and group makeup classes along with makeup application services for weddings and other special occasions. We also offer a wide range of quality makeup products on our website and in our Mackenzie store. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or to place your order.
1 of 1