Explore the Benefits of BB Cream and Mineral Foundation
We Stock Local Mineral Makeup from NZ and Australia
Mineral makeup in NZ (and globally!) is an ever-increasing trend as more and more users opt for natural products. This type of makeup offers numerous advantages over traditional cosmetics because it’s free from pore-clogging artificial ingredients. A few of the specific benefits of mineral makeup include:
- Built-in sunscreen. Two of the ingredients in mineral makeup, zinc oxide and titanium oxide, are common ingredients in sunscreen because they work naturally to protect against harmful UV rays. So, mineral makeup provides added protection when used with your regular sunscreen.
- Longer wear. Mineral makeup provides excellent coverage and a lightweight feel, yet it lasts longer than traditional makeup on your skin without settling into fine lines. It can also withstand a wider range of temperatures and will not itch or flake in cold weather.
- Help for sensitive skin. If your skin is prone to dryness, itching, burning, or breakouts, mineral makeup is a great solution. These products have natural anti-inflammatory properties that can help skin prone to acne.
- Doesn’t clog pores. Another reason this product is great for acne prone skin, it also absorbs a lot of excess oil keeping you matte throughout the day. This is also a light coverage foundation providing you with a natural look with a glow from within appearance.
New to Using a BB Cream? We Have a Few Tips
Another makeup essential is BB cream, a versatile product that can serve as your moisturiser, foundation, and sunscreen all in one. Here are a few tips for applying your BB cream like a pro.
- BB cream should go on like a thin veil, not a thick paste. Start with just a small amount of product. Don’t overdo your BB cream.
- Apply with a brush. Place a small amount of product on the back of your hand. Use a brush such as the ESMI Foundation Brush to lightly dot your BB cream around your face, being sure to hit your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin for even distribution.
- Smooth the BB cream over your face. Using your brush, gently tap and pat your product over your skin in circular motions. Start at the centre of your face and work outward, making sure to blend and buff at the chin and neck to avoid leaving a visible line.
- Check your work. Are there any areas that need more coverage, such as dark circles or scars? If so, tap and blend on a few more small dots of product.
That’s all there is to it!
About Country Glow
Country Glow is your go-to source for the natural, ethical, and high-quality cosmetics that you want for your everyday makeup routine. We also offer individual and group makeup lessons at our Omarama boutique beauty store and studio. Getting married? We can make you look and feel like a queen. Contact Country Glow today with any questions – we’re always happy to help our valued customers find the answers that they need.
1 of 1